To continue visiting the website, you may accept the use of these cookies or you may set up your browser.
Hematology laboratories today are in a different environment and face new issues. One of the biggest challenges is accreditation; the guarantee of providing reliable and reproducible results. The laboratory workflow must be maintained while securing the safety of laboratory technicians. Since staining is an important step in the diagnosis, it must then ensure these parameters. To meet these new challenges, RAL Diagnostics has created a new formula : MCDh (Micro Chromatic Detection for Hematology).
This patented formula composed of 4 reagents gives violet shades typical of Romanowsky-Giemsa colouring results. MCDh is methanol-free and ready to use for simple and safe staining. It allows a standardisation of staining slides and a better reproducibility.
Composed of 4 specific reagents, the MCDh ensures high quality colouring that meets the standards of digital image analysis.
MCDh 1 is a blend of neutral dyes, its role is to :
– fix the blood smear
– prepare the colouring of water-soluble elements (basophilic granulations)
– influence the overall intensity of colouring
MCDh 2 is a buffer solution, its role is to :
– reveal the dyes and cellular elements
– influence the detail of the granulations
MCDh 3 contains methylene blue, its role is to :
– reveal the basophilic and are elements and stain the cytoplasm of monocytes and lymphocytes
– to induce the metachromatic red colouring of the azurophilic granulations
– refine colouring details
MCDh 4 is a rinsing solution, its role is to :
– finalise the colouring
– remove excess dye from the cells for better differentiation
– removing colouring deposits
The MCDh allows Romanowsky-type staining and reveals blood and cellular elements (chromatin, platelets and neutrophil granulations).
DIGITALIZE YOUR STAINING
– Suitable for both manual and automatic staining instruments (bath method)
– The formulation of MCDh reagents enables perfect reproducibility slide after slide
– Quality staining for digital image analysis
– Only non-toxic Romanowsky stain formulation on the market
– Easy cleaning thanks to a high rinsability of MCDh reagents
– Increase lab technician safety by avoiding exposure to methanol
IMPROVE YOUR WORKFLOW
– MCDh reagents are easily rinsed, reducing the maintenance of automated staining instruments
– Ready-to-use reagents: easier to handle on a day-to-day basis
– Enable a streamlined cell analysis
GIVE RELIABLE RESULTS
– High definition morphology thanks to clean staining results
– Consistent with manual and / or digital morphology analysis
– Improve the assessment of your blood cell morphology for better diagnostic