Kit RAL Stainer Fluo RAL Methylene Blue
Auramine staining for mycobacteria detection
A COMPLETE RANGE FOR THE DETECTION OF MYCOBACTERIA
Actively involved in the fight against tuberculosis worldwide, RAL Diagnostics markets a wide range of dyes and staining kits for the detection of mycobacteria.
In a majority of laboratories around the world using fluorescence microscopy, auramine staining with a dark background is still the standard reference. Meanwhile , studies show that a Thiazine Red or Methylene Blue background is more comfortable to read. RAL Diagnostics already markets the Fluo RAL kit with Thiazine Red counterstain.
NEW KIT : FLUO RAL METHYLENE BLUE KIT
In order to meet the needs of a majority of users, a new kit has been added to our offer: the Fluo RAL Methylene Blue Kit.
Unlike Potassium Permanganate, which acts as a saturation agent by reducing contrast, counterstaining with methylene blue gives a true background. It allows the reading of information relating to the sample and obtaining in certain cases, better bacilloscopy.
- Colored background for superior reading quality to Potassium Permanganate
- Intensity of mycobacteria for better detection of bacilli
- Reproducibility of stainings with the RAL Stainer
- Increased sensitivity and specificity
- Stability of counterstain
- Formulation without methanol for more security
- Limited handling thanks to the ready-to-use kit
- Fixation solution included in the kit
- Staining protocol in 18 min
- Calibrated reagents for simplified use
RECOMMANDED BY WHO (World Health Organization)
“less experienced users found it easier to focus and less tiring to read the stains with coloured backgrounds (Auramine/Methylene Blue and Auramine/Thiazine Red).” FIND report for WHO, 17 Août 2009.
|Fixative Fluo RAL||-||200 ml|
|Auramine Fluo RAL||-||100 ml|
|Solution for Auramine||-||100 ml|
|Discolouring solution Fluo RAL||-||200 ml|
|Methylene Blue||-||200 ml|